REQUIREMENTS FOR ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW OF PROPOSED DRAWINGS FOR DEED RESTRICTION COMPLIANCE
The construction plans you submit will be reviewed for deed restriction issues. You are responsible for ensuring that your plans comply with all applicable deed restrictions, with any restrictions followed by the City of Houston or with any regulatory authority that may govern the use of your property or placement of a home or structure on your property.
It is represented by you that you are relying upon your consultation with your architect, builder and/or attorney concerning the compliance of your plans with any restrictions governing the use of your property.
Deliver the survey and plans to the homeowner association office. The review and approval process may take from 2-3 weeks.
- The BPHA office location: 2-story office building near the corner of Stella Link and Blue Bonnet
- Address: 4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd., Suite 112 Office hours are: Monday, Wednesday, & Friday from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
1st Approval Review - 3 sets of plans need to be submitted with appropriate fees. 11" by 17" plans are preferred.
- Submit a registered copy of a survey of the lot clearly showing all building setback lines.
- Submit three sets of architectural plans (one set will be returned to you after review and approval of the plans). Include: Site Plan, Floor Plan(s), Elevations
- Provide name, title, address, and telephone number of the responsible individual to be notified when review is complete.
2nd Approval Review
- Submit a registered copy of a form/slab survey prior to pouring the foundation.
Notification of Review Results and Approval Documents
BPHA will notify the responsible individual by phone when the review is complete and documents are available for pickup.
A signed and notarized "Approval" document will be provided along with a "BPHA Approved" Yard Sign.
There is a charge of $500 for review of new construction plans and $200 for review of renovation plans. The fee helps cover the cost of hiring an inspector to make periodic checks for compliance during the building process. Please make check payable to BPHA and deliver to BPHA at time of review submission.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the BPHA Office Manager at the homeowners association office numbers listed in the heading.